Two Air Force officers booked for murder in PunjabFebruary 23rd, 2008 - 7:23 pm ICT by admin
Jalandhar, Feb 23 (IANS) The police booked two officers of the Indian Air Force (IAF) posted at the Adampur air force base, 20 km from here, for murder Saturday following the mysterious death of a young civilian employee of the base. Sachin, 28, died under mysterious circumstances Saturday morning. He vomited a few times and was rushed to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
The deceased’s family alleged air force officials had tortured him and he had died because he was beaten up Friday.
Family members and friends of the victim gathered outside the IAF base main gate and protested, following which the police intervened.
Sachin, a group ‘D’ civilian employee at the air force base, used to work at the officers’ mess of the IAF station. He also used to be assigned work to maintain accounts of the mess.
Jalandhar district police chief Arpit Shukla confirmed the registration of a murder case against two IAF officers, Wing Commander Bharat Kumar and Flight Lt Moriya, on the basis of a complaint filed by the father of the deceased.
“No arrests have been made so far. We are investigating the matter and the body has been sent for post-mortem. We will take action only after the report is available,” Shukla said.
IAF officials claimed that Sachin had consumed some poisonous substance and the same was also found from his clothes. They denied he was tortured or beaten up.
IAF sources told IANS Sachin was recently accused of bungling in the mess accounts and an internal probe into the matter was on.
- Fratricide, suicide rock IAF base - Jul 18, 2011
- IAF employee killed in bid to help neighbour - Sep 09, 2012
- Snowfall hampers search for MiG - Oct 23, 2011
- Recovered wreckage belongs to MiG-29: IAF - Oct 21, 2011
- Massive search for MiG-29 wreckage on - Oct 26, 2011
- Ready to face jail death probe: Uttar Pradesh official - Jun 28, 2011
- Crashed MiG's one engine found, no trace of pilot - Oct 27, 2011
- Missing MiG-29 pilot dead - Nov 07, 2011
- MiG wreckage still stuck in Himachal glacier - Oct 30, 2011
- Search for MiG-29 wreckage continues - Oct 25, 2011
- MiG crash spot identified, snowfall hampers search - Oct 22, 2011
- Avalanche threat looms large over MiG search - Oct 28, 2011
- Indian Air Force secured the skies during Commonwealth Games - Oct 14, 2010
- Punjab legislator's nephew kills Jalandhar hotelier - Apr 21, 2011
- Indian Air Force gears up to celebrate its 78th anniversary - Oct 06, 2010