Twin suicide bombings kill two policemen in AfghanistanSeptember 7th, 2008 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Sep 7 (Xinhua) Two suicide bombings targeting the police headquarters in southern Afghan province of Kandahar Sunday killed two policemen and injured 29, police said.The first explosion occurred at around 2 p.m. (GMT 0930) inside the compound while the second blast took place a few minutes later, it said.
Afghan police and Canadian troops based in Kandahar have cordoned off the area and started investigating the incident.
No group or individuals have claimed responsibility for the attack.
Taliban militants had raided the Kandahar jail in June and secured the release of more than 1,000 inmates including some 400 insurgents.
- Over 30 killed in serial suicide attacks in Afghanistan (Lead) - Mar 14, 2010
- 23 suicide attackers killed, four held in Afghanistan - May 08, 2011
- 61 militants killed in Afghanistan - Jul 04, 2012
- Afghan district governor among 21 killed in attacks (Lead) - Jun 16, 2010
- 11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 09, 2012
- Three Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Dec 29, 2011
- 50 Taliban rebels lay down arms in Afghanistan - Dec 20, 2011
- Blasts rock Kabul as security forces fight Taliban (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Ten troops killed in bloody day for ISAF in Afghanistan - Jun 08, 2010
- 24 militants killed in Afghanistan - Oct 22, 2011
- Russian embassy escaped Taliban attack in Afghanistan - Apr 16, 2012
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- Taliban evicted from Afghan district - Mar 10, 2012
- Suicide bombers, religious leader killed in Afghanistan - May 17, 2010
- Eight Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 06, 2012