Twelve members of marriage party killed in West BengalJuly 9th, 2010 - 12:50 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 9 (IANS) Twelve members of a marriage party were killed and one person was seriously injured when their car collided head-on with a speeding lorry at Barjora in West Bengal’s Bankura district.
Bankura police superintendent Vishal Garg told IANS that 10 people died on the spot when the accident occurred around 11.30 p.m. Thursday. Two people succumbed while they were being shifted to a local hospital.
A police source said the impact was so severe that the car was thrown off the road and got mangled. The dead and the injured had to be extricated from the car by using gas-cutters.
The lorry has been confiscated. However, the lorry driver managed to flee, Garg said.
- 18 killed in West Bengal accidents (Lead) - Jul 09, 2010
- 11 killed in road accident in Bengal - Mar 17, 2012
- Three injured as car careens into tree - Oct 07, 2011
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012
- Six killed as trailer rams autorickshaw in Bengal - Jul 09, 2010
- Six dead in Bengal road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- Truck driver dies in crash after running down cyclist - Jul 15, 2012
- Eight killed in West Bengal road mishap - Sep 05, 2010
- 18 devotees killed in Punjab accident (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- A supercar that crashed seconds into test drive - Oct 11, 2011
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- Speeding car kills Delhi couple - Apr 19, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - May 28, 2011
- Family of 12 killed in van-truck crash in China (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- 1 killed, many injured as LPG tanker explodes - Aug 28, 2012