TVS Motors, India Yamaha log sales growth in NovemberDecember 1st, 2011 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 1 (IANS) Two-wheeler majors TVS Motor Company and India Yamaha Motor closed November with increased sales as compared to November last year.
TVS Motor Company closed the month with a sales growth of 12 percent, selling 175,535 units compared to 157,041 units in the same month of the previous year.
The company’s cumulative sales for the April-November, 2011, period grew by 12 percent with sales of 1,499,612 units against 1,341,106 units recorded in the previous comparable period.
In its statement, the company Thursday said in view of the overall slowdown in economic growth, high inflation, increase in fuel prices and interest rates, there will be some moderation in the sales growth in two-wheelers over the next 3-6 months.
The company sold 172,829 two-wheelers last month in comparison with 153,882 units recorded in November 2010.
The company shipped out 24,271 units last month, logging 53 percent growth over 15,850 units sold in November 2010.
However, in the three-wheeler segment, the company logged lower sales at 2,706 units last month as compared to 3,159 units sold in November 2010.
Cumulative TVS three-wheeler sales for the period of April-November 2011 grew by 21 percent with sales of 29,524 units compared to 24,363 units registered during the same period of the previous year.
On the other hand, Japanese two-wheeler maker India Yamaha Motor Pvt Ltd closed November selling 39,162 units, up by 29 percent as compared to November 2010 sales of 30,130 units.
Jun Nakata, director, sales and marketing, India Yamaha Motor, said: “We are very happy with the consistent sales growth that we’ve been witnessing this year. The new YZF-R15 version 2.0 along with FZ and SZ series is driving our sales in both domestic and export markets.”
He said the company is planning to expand its sales and service network in tier II and III cities.
- TVS Motors closes March and fiscal with higher sales - Apr 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs five percent sales growth in January - Feb 01, 2012
- TVS Motor sales up by 24 percent in February - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in December - Jan 02, 2012
- TVS Motor logs 18 percent sales growth in May - Jun 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 42 percent sales growth in Dec 2010 - Jan 01, 2011
- TVS Motor sales down in May - Jun 01, 2012
- Auto-industry's mixed results for November sales - Dec 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs 14 percent sales growth in April - May 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs lower sales in March - Apr 02, 2012
- Good take-off for two-wheelers in 2011, companies mark sales growth (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Smooth ride for two-wheeler makers in February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
- TVS Motor logs negative growth in July - Aug 01, 2012
- TVS Motor logs 29 percent November sales growth - Dec 01, 2010
- Auto makers log growth despite rising prices - May 02, 2011
Tags: chennai, comparable period, consistent sales growth, cumulative sales, director sales, export markets, fuel prices, fz, inflation increase, motors india, previous year, pvt ltd, sales and marketing, slowdown, sz series, three wheeler, tier ii, two wheeler, two wheelers, yamaha motor