TV journalist assaulted in robbery bid in DelhiOctober 5th, 2008 - 2:16 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 5 (IANS) A TV reporter was assaulted by three people in an apparent robbery bid in south Delhi late Saturday, police said.Saurabh Mishra, working in the sports bureau of the Zee News channel, was returning home and got down at a bus stop in Andrews Ganj around 9.30 p.m. when three people came out of an auto rickshaw and tried to rob him, police said.
When he resisted the bid and tried to raise an alarm, they assaulted him with knives, police said.
The attackers fled when another auto rickshaw reached the spot as Mishra had continued to shout for help.
The journalist suffered injuries in face, hands and legs and was rushed to hospital, police said.
The Defence Colony police station registered a complaint and investigations were under way.
- Four robbers held - Feb 18, 2011
- Man arrested for snatching foreigner's bag - Nov 11, 2011
- Gang kills constable at home - Mar 04, 2011
- Three held for attacking journalist, looting passengers in Delhi - Oct 09, 2008
- Dacoits loot cash, jewellery in east Delhi - Apr 17, 2011
- Two held for killing techie in Greater Noida - Aug 21, 2010
- Man killed while resisting robbery in Delhi - May 16, 2012
- 11 robbers held in Delhi - Apr 14, 2011
- Robber rode skateboard to banks in Mexico - Feb 01, 2012
- Gang of bus robbers busted, 11 arrested - Feb 11, 2011
- Four auto drivers held for murder in Delhi - Jul 13, 2011
- Man robbed at Noida mall, two hurt in shootout - Aug 06, 2012
- Three held for murder of Amrita Pritam's son - Sep 20, 2012
- Kidnapping bid foiled - Sep 23, 2011
- Man murdered over Rs.50 - Feb 12, 2012