TV channel’s office attacked during Himani Savarkar interviewNovember 26th, 2008 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Nov 26 (IANS) The office of a private TV channel Sudarshan TV was attacked here, employees of the channel said Wednesday. The incident occurred while Abhinav Bharat’s Himani Savarkar was being interviewed in a studio. The attack took place at the sector 4 office of the channel at about 9.30 p.m. Tuesday while Himani Savarkar was being interviewed in the studio, the employees said.
“A group of men entered the reception of the channel and as the guard was not present, they broke the windows and destroyed other property,” an employee said.
Himani Savarkar’s interview was immediately stopped after news of the attack spread in the office.
“Before anybody could stop them, the culprits had fled the office. We still do not know the reason behind the attack,” the employee added.
Refuting claims that the attack was targeted at Savarkar, Senior Superintendent of Police R.K. Chaturvedi said: “The miscreants only wanted to target the channel’s office and not Savarkar, as perceived. If that had been their intention, they would have headed straight into the studio and attacked her. But instead, they just broke the glass windows and fled the spot within five minutes.”
Savarkar described the incident as an act of some groups that were opposed to the recent alliance of Hindu groups in the wake of the recent arrests in the Malegaon blasts case.
“Never has it happened before. This alliance is unacceptable to the Congress and it is because of that the attack has taken place. It is the outcome of a dirty game played by the Congress,” Savarkar said after the incident.
- Abhinav Bharat denies involvement in Pune blast - Feb 23, 2010
- 4 injured in Karachi grenade attack - Nov 26, 2011
- PM asks states to maintain peace (Third Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Four policemen killed in Pakistan - Jun 09, 2012
- Congress workers wave black flags at Sudarshan at Indore - Nov 12, 2010
- Government says northeast people safe in Karnataka (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Another key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast held (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- One dead in Pakistan police check-post attack (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh Congress protests Sudarshan's remarks - Nov 12, 2010
- Four arrested for murders in Kolkata (Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- Mumbai MP asserts Karkare killed by Pakistani terrorists - Dec 12, 2010
- TV Today office attacked (Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- No comment on Guru clemency: President-elect Pranab (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Couple arrested for murder of 65-year-old - Aug 16, 2011
- CPI-M office attacked in Bengal - Sep 27, 2011