TV actor Raja Choudhary arrested for drunken brawlFebruary 3rd, 2012 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Feb 3 (IANS) Rajasthan police Friday arrested small screen actor Raja Choudhary for getting into a brawl with the security guards of a private hospital under the influence of alcohol, said an official.
Choudhary, who became a familiar name after his appearance in the popular reality show “Big Boss 2″, is accused of “disruption of peace”.
He came here from Delhi Thursday and was staying at a relative’s house in Chitrakoot area.
“Raja claims that he had come to the Fortis Hospital in Jawahar Circle area around 2 a.m. Friday to see a patient admitted here. He was in a car and completely under the influence of alcohol,” ACP Rajendra Singh told IANS.
Police said that as he was drunk therefore the security guards did not allow him to enter the hospital.
“There was a police control room vehicle stationed outside the hospital. When the policemen there tried to intervene, he started misbehaving with them also,” said an officer.
Raja has been taken into custody and brought to the Jawahar Circle police station. He is booked under section 151 of the criminal procedure code (CrPC) for disruption of peace.
The officer said he will be presented in court Friday evening.
However, Raja told media persons that “when I reached the hospital, I was thronged by my fans who were seeking autographs. However, I tried to avoid them. This led to a minor scuffle”.
- TV actor Raja Choudhary arrested for drunken brawl, released (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- 30,000 cops to ensure peaceful Delhi civic polls - Apr 12, 2012
- Shoe attack bid accused sent to judicial custody - Jun 07, 2011
- Police inspector beats up colleagues, helps accused escape - Aug 08, 2012
- SRK drunk and abusive? MCA says yes, star says no (Roundup) - May 17, 2012
- Women rights activist held for attacking cops - Nov 22, 2011
- Drunk Shah Rukh misbehaves, faces ban from Wankhede (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Seven arrested for youth's murder - Jan 14, 2012
- Omar speaks to Khurshid over custodial death - Oct 09, 2011
- Shah Rukh banned from Wankhede for 5 years (Second Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Shah Rukh was drunk, but that's not a crime: Mumbai ACP - May 17, 2012
- Three persons killed in Delhi road accidents - May 19, 2012
- 66-year-old pushed by Delhi cop, falls and dies - Feb 29, 2012
- Haryana ex-legislator surrenders after 3-week stand-off - May 27, 2011
- Student gangraped in moving car in Ghaziabad, 3 arrested (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: alcohol, appearance, autographs, big boss, crpc, disruption, drunken brawl, fortis, friday evening, media persons, police station, policemen, private hospital, rajasthan, rajendra singh, reality show, screen actor, section 151, security guards, tv actor