Tusshar’s new avatar: Aggressive-funny gangsterMay 1st, 2012 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 1 (IANS) After playing a negative role in “The Dirty Picture”, Tusshar Kapoor is set to be a bad boy again in “Shootout at Wadala”. He plays gangster Sheikh Munir, one of the most trusted men of Manya Surve, played by John Abraham, and says his character is aggressive yet funny.
“My character is humorous. He is aggressive but has a light hearted approach towards everything in life. This is my first Muslim character. I am working with Sanjay Gupta for the first time and the movie is a completely new experience for me,” Tusshar told reporters at an event here.
Directed by Gupta, “Shootout at Wadala” depicts the killing of mobster Manya Surve by the Mumbai police.
“The shooting of the film is still going on. We are trying to portray whatever happened in the encounter in a very realistic way. This has made it rather intense and even I got hurt a few days ago. I enjoyed shooting for ‘Shootout At Lokhandwala’ as well and people really appreciated the movie. So its obvious that I would love to be a part of its sequel,” he said.
In “Shootout At Lokhandwala” which was produced by Gupta and directed by Apoorva Lakhia, Tusshar was cast as gangster Dilip Bua.
Giving a sneak peek into his character in “Shootout At Wadala”, Tusshar mouthed his favourite dialogue from the movie, “Woh maut jo dost ki umar badha de, woh maut sar aankhon par”.
Like the rest of the star cast of the thriller, Tusshar also focuses a lot on his fitness. “I am obsessed with keeping fit. I believe in weight training and completely focus on it. I admire my father and the way he has maintained himself,” he said.
- 'Shootout at Wadala' my most challenging film: Sanjay Gupta - May 01, 2012
- Kangna follows Rekha, Smita's footsteps - Mar 19, 2012
- I researched a lot about Manya Surve: John Abraham - Mar 02, 2012
- I'm super excited to play Dawood Ibrahim: Sonu Sood - Apr 18, 2012
- Ronit models role on party-busting cop - Jun 26, 2012
- John Abraham goes lean for 'Shootout At Wadala' - Feb 20, 2012
- Sanjay Gupta gets nod for character names in '...Wadala' - Dec 21, 2011
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- 'Shootout...' was not possible without 'Dongri to Dubai': Gupta - May 11, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' is my 'Vaastav': John - Mar 27, 2012
- Sanajay Gupta moves on without Sanjay Dutt! - Mar 01, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' to release May Day in 2013 - Aug 16, 2012
- I want to be fit, not all muscles: Anil Kapoor - May 01, 2012
- Ronit Roy recovers from typhoid, back to work - Aug 20, 2012
- I don't want to compete with Aamir Khan: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: avatar, bad boy, dilip, gangster, hearted approach, john abraham, keeping fit, maut, may 1, mobster, mumbai police, munir, new experience, sanjay gupta, sequel, shootout at lokhandwala, sneak peek, surve, tusshar kapoor, weight training