Turner-Warner Bros. to launch English entertainment channel in IndiaMarch 4th, 2009 - 5:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 4 (IANS) Hollywood aficionados in India have a reason to smile as entertainment biggies Turner International India and Warner Bros. Entertainment will soon launch a new English entertainment channel WB.
The channel, to be launched March 15, will telecast English motion pictures and hit television series licensed from Warner Bros. International Television Distribution (WBITD).
“This channel will showcase movies and TV shows that Warner Bros. has made and will make in the future. It will represent a truly Hollywood experience and cater to a high class audience wanting to watch quality English content,” Warner Bros. International Television president Jeffrey R. Schlesinger told reporters here through video conferencing from Burbank, California.
Schlesinger added that though India is not one of their prime revenue generators, it is surely “one of the fastest growing markets” for them.
The announcement of WB’s launch has come just two days after the Monday launch by Turner of its first Hindi general entertainment channel Real.
Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific president Steve Marcopoto said the company is expanding its foundation with the new channel.
WB targets the “upscale” and “affluent” Indian audience with an appetite for Hollywood’s best. The content will include award-winning films, dramas, comedy series as well as latest gossip from the international entertainment industry.
- Warner Bros in Kollywood - Sep 16, 2010
- Now comes Thrill channel, thanks to BIG RTL - Apr 30, 2012
- BBC Entertainment gets makeover for Indian market - Jan 12, 2011
- Maya ties up with Warner Bros on Ramayana - the Epic - Sep 14, 2010
- The next BIG thing in Indian Television - Aug 19, 2010
- BIG CBS acquires movies from Sony Pictures Television - Nov 15, 2010
- CBS, Reliance Broadcast Network to launch TV channels in India - Aug 19, 2010
- Reliance Broadcast signs pact with European firm for TV channels - May 30, 2011
- Reliance launches three new English entertainment channels - Aug 21, 2010
- Sheen settles lawsuit with Warner Bros - Sep 27, 2011
- Wonder Woman TV Show To Set Small Screen Ablaze - Oct 03, 2010
- Actors shocked at Imagine TV shutting down - Apr 13, 2012
- Watch Indian movies, TV shows in N America through internet - Dec 18, 2010
- Cartoon Network now available in Sri Lanka - Aug 17, 2009
- FOX Traveller to launch 24-hour Bangla feed - Dec 22, 2011