Turner International enters Hindi entertainment TV segmentJanuary 21st, 2009 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 21 (IANS) Reality shows, dramas and much more - US-based production major Turner International promises to entertain Indian viewers with the launch of their Hindi general entertainment channel REAL.The channel - REAL - will go on air in March 2009 with four varied shows. While “Sarkaar Ki Duniya” and “Poker Face” are reality shows, “Vicky Ki Taxi” and “Hindi Hai Hum” are dramas.
“We are very excited about our entry in the GEC (general entertainment channel) genre. Given the market’s strong growth, extremely young population, penchant for media consumption and improving distribution delivery systems, India is one of our biggest growth opportunities,” said Steve Marcopoto, president, Turner Broadcasting System Asia.Pacific, Inc.
Turner International has established many brands here in over a decade. It has collaborated with Alva Brothers Entertainment and formed a new company called Real Global Broadcasting.
“Our association will provide the Indian entertainment sector with a distinct GEC channel that will be dramatically differentiated, yet relevant and aspiring to Indian Viewers,” said Nikhil Alva, chairman of Alva Brothers Entertainment.
REAL is a pay channel and will be distributed through the Zee Turner bouquet. It will be available across the country on cable systems and digital platforms.
- It's survival of fittest on Indian reality TV - Jan 08, 2012
- World Cup fever: No threat for entertainment channels! - Feb 16, 2011
- Actors shocked at Imagine TV shutting down - Apr 13, 2012
- Alva Brothers to launch lifestyle channels - Nov 25, 2010
- Now comes Thrill channel, thanks to BIG RTL - Apr 30, 2012
- Turner-Warner Bros. to launch English entertainment channel in India - Mar 04, 2009
- TV reality shows sidelineing women viewers? - Oct 22, 2010
- Post-IPL, channels vie to get back viewers - May 26, 2009
- Small screen got starry, regional and real (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 18, 2010
- Colors channel launched in the US as Aapka Colors - Jan 28, 2010
- For edge of seat entertainment, switch on TV - Apr 21, 2010
- Zee TV gets new aqua logo, to focus on women - Jun 20, 2011
- STAR One Announces The Extension Of Its Primetime Programming To Saturdays Starting Saturday, ... - Nov 24, 2010
- Imagine something new: NDTV IMAGINE is now IMAGINE TV - Feb 25, 2010
- Now Star Plus shows same day, same time across globe - Jul 08, 2011