Turkish PM granted honorary Tehran citizenshipFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 2:08 pm ICT by IANS
Tehran, Feb 3 (IANS) Tehran mayor Mohammad-Bagher Qalibaf has named Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who had walked out of a World Economic Forum (WEF) debate, as an “honorary Tehran citizen”, Mehr News has reported.Tehran mayor’s move followed a heated debate at the WEF in Davos in which the Turkish prime minister told Israeli President Shimon Peres that “when it comes to killing, you know very well how to kill”.
Qalibaf called Erdogan’s action a “brave and wise” act and appreciated it.
He said that Erdogan’s bravery “caused joy in the heart of the world’s free-thinking” people.
Turkish prime minister showed that he would not remain silent towards the “blatant crimes against children, women and defenceless people”, he added.
“As Tehran mayor and the representative of all Tehrani citizens… I am proud to introduce you as an honorary Tehran citizen.”
“I hope that you and the noble Turkish people… will succeed in resisting against the enemies of the rights of human beings,” he said.
- Ahmadinejad lauds Turkish PM's protest in Davos - Feb 01, 2009
- 13 die in Turkish prison fire - Jun 17, 2012
- Israeli president regrets Erdogan incident at Davos - Jan 30, 2009
- Israeli government the problem, not the people: Turkish PM - Oct 03, 2011
- Abu Dhabi prince meets Turkish leaders - Feb 29, 2012
- Iranians hail Turkish PM for Davos spat - Feb 01, 2009
- Iran wants n-talks in Istanbul - Mar 30, 2012
- Erdogan's fiery remarks hurting Turkish-Israeli ties - Jan 30, 2009
- UEFA congress begins in Istanbul - Mar 22, 2012
- Obama's secret message: Iran can have civilian n-programme - Apr 07, 2012
- Turkey role model for Islamic states: Gilani - May 22, 2012
- Turkish nationals urged to leave Syria - Mar 16, 2012
- Turkish PM warns of 'disastrous' consequence if Israel strikes Iran - Apr 01, 2012
- An Islamabad-Istanbul train that will traverse 6,500 km - Apr 18, 2011
- Erdogan blames world for not 'giving Hamas a chance' - Jan 31, 2009