Turkey seized 11 tonnes of hashish in 2011December 17th, 2011 - 9:45 am ICT by IANS
Ankara, Dec 17 (IANS) The Turkish police seized about 11 tonnes of hashish in southeastern Turkey and arrested over 400 people for drug-smuggling in 2011, Anatolia news agency reported Friday.
The anti-narcotics unit carried out 66 operations and confiscated 10.8 tonnes of hashish in the province so far, Xinhua cited the agency’s report citing police chief of the Diyarbakir province.
A total of 412 people were arrested on charges of drug smuggling, he added.
Turkey is a key transit route for drug smuggling from Asia and the Middle East to Europe.
- 1.3 tonnes hashish seized in Turkey - Jan 06, 2012
- 47 tonnes of hashish seized in Turkey in 2011 - Mar 15, 2012
- 77 kg heroin seized in Turkey - Aug 28, 2010
- 10 held, 400 kg drugs seized in Turkey - Jun 09, 2010
- Terror attack foiled in Turkey - Jul 08, 2012
- 165 kg heroin seized in Turkey - Jun 11, 2010
- Abducted British tourist released in Turkey - Jun 04, 2012
- 10 tonnes of hashish seized in Karachi - Nov 16, 2011
- One tonne narcotics seized, 47 held in Iran - Dec 27, 2011
- One ton drugs seized in Iran - Jun 24, 2012
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- Huge cache of drugs seized in Kathmandu - Jul 05, 2010
- Dubai police seize over 56 kg hashish - Aug 04, 2012
- Inmates set prison on fire in Turkey - Jul 15, 2012