Truckload of explosives seized in ChhattisgarhMarch 17th, 2009 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, March 17 (IANS) A truck loaded with five tonnes of explosives, including gelatine sticks, and 30,000 bullets was seized Tuesday from Chhattisgarh’s Maoist stronghold of Jashpur.
The truck was found in a forested area of Jashpur, about 450 km from here, and the entire area has been cordoned off.
“The truck has at least 17,750 rounds of bullets being used for 12-bore guns and 1,550 rounds of bullets used for 9-mm pistols,” said Pawan Deo, deputy inspector general, police headquarters.
“Besides the bullets, about five tonnes of explosives, including gelatine sticks mainly used for landmine blasts, was recovered,” Deo told IANS.
Preliminary investigations reveal that the truck was coming from Jharkhand and was on its way to Bastar region for Maoist guerrillas to use in the run-up to the April 16 Lok Sabha polls, he said.
- Truckload of explosives, bullets seized in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Mar 17, 2009
- Explosives, bullets seized from truck in Chhattisgarh (Second lead) - Mar 17, 2009
- No breakthrough in Chhattisgarh explosives recovery - Mar 18, 2009
- More explosive chemical recovered from Ranchi - Feb 07, 2011
- Explosives seized in Odisha - Feb 08, 2012
- Maoists' major explosives unit busted in Chhattisgarh - Feb 17, 2012
- Arms, explosives seized from Pune businessman - Sep 18, 2011
- Chhattisgarh Maoists step up attacks to taunt army, say experts - Jun 11, 2011
- Four Maoists arrested, cash and explosives seized - Jan 14, 2011
- Maoists loot 16 tonnes of ammonium nitrate - May 20, 2010
- Maoists to use 19 tonnes explosives before 2010 expiry, warns expert - May 31, 2010
- Eight Maoists killed in Bengal, bodies recovered (Third Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- Maoists push farmers to grow marijuana - Aug 17, 2012
- Eight Maoists killed in Bengal, bodies recovered (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2010
- Huge cache of arms recovered from suspected Maoists in West Bengal - Sep 25, 2010