Trucker on rampage kills three, leaves 14 injuredJune 8th, 2008 - 4:40 pm ICT by IANS
Tokyo, June 8 (Xinhua) Three people were killed and 14 wounded Sunday after a man struck passersby with a small truck and stabbed them with a knife in the Akihabara area of the capital city, police said. The dead were three men aged 19, 47 and 74 years respectively.
Three women and a traffic police officer, who was patrolling at the time, are among the 14 wounded.
The police arrested a 25-year-old man identified as Tomohiro Kato, a resident of Shizuoka prefecture.
Akihabara is Tokyo’s well-known electronics quarters, which attracts visitors from around the world.
- Stabbing kills six in Japan capital (Lead) - Jun 08, 2008
- Tokyo killing spree warned on mobile-phone bulletin board - Jun 09, 2008
- Chinese man stabs six, commits suicide - Apr 19, 2011
- Tsunami warnings in effect after major earthquake hits off Japan - Dec 22, 2010
- One killed, nine injured in Iraq bombings - Jul 09, 2012
- Seven dead, 38 hurt in Japan accident - Apr 30, 2012
- 6.4 magnitude quake jolts Japan (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- Tokyo's `oldest' man dead for 30 years - Jul 30, 2010
- Powerful quake strikes off Japan, tsunami warning canceled - Dec 22, 2010
- Japan holds memorial service (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- One dead, three missing after tour boat capsizes in central Japan - Aug 17, 2011
- Helicopters dump water to cool Japan n-plant (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Strong earthquake jolts eastern Japan, no damage - Aug 01, 2011
- Man stabs baby-girl during brawl with wife - Oct 22, 2011
- 6 magnitude quake jolts Japan - Mar 15, 2011