Truck rams 10 vehicles, eight people killedJanuary 29th, 2011 - 1:29 am ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 29 (IANS) In a ghastly accident, a truck spun out of control and hit 10 vehicles, crushing eight people to death at Nagole on the outskirts of Hyderabad Friday night, police said.The truck hit a van, an auto-rickshaw and eight two-wheelers. Twenty people were injured in the accident.
The injured were admitted to various hospitals and the condition of 10 is stated to be critical.
The accident took place at the busy Nagole crossroad when the driver lost control of the vehicle and it ran over several vehicles and some pedestrians. Six victims were travelling in an auto-rickshaw and two on a motor cycle.
Angry residents set afire the truck while the driver ran away. They sat on the road blaming police negligence for the mishap.
The accident caused a huge traffic jam on LB Nagar-Uppal road. Additional police forces were rushed to control the angry mob.
- 30-year-old auto rickshaws banned in Pakistani city - Jul 22, 2012
- Four dead in freak multi-vehicle accident (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Ten students injured as van overturns - Mar 22, 2011
- Police cameras to watch 'devils on wheel' - Mar 20, 2012
- Court dismisses petitions against GPS systems for Delhi autos - Sep 17, 2012
- 14 killed in two Nagaland accidents - Jan 06, 2012
- 13 Pandharpur pilgrims crushed by a speeding truck - Jul 25, 2011
- Overspeeding truck kills one, injures two in Delhi - Mar 11, 2012
- Bengal comes out with directives for cabs, auto rickshaws - Aug 22, 2012
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- Andhra town tense after communal violence (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh official killed in road accident - Nov 05, 2010
- Two killed in Maharashtra road accident - Aug 13, 2011
- Nine die as bus driver goes berserk in busy Pune (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012