Truck mows two to death, angry residents block highwayJune 24th, 2008 - 1:16 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 23 (IANS) Angry residents blocked a national highway here Monday evening after a speeding truck crushed two people to death. According to Superintendent of Police Jagdish Sharma, a speeding truck hit a tempo from the rear while trying to overtake it. The tempo overturned and the truck mowed down its two passengers. About a dozen others were injured.
The accident took place around 7.30 p.m. Angry residents blocked the National Highway 58 leading to Delhi and damaged about a dozen public and private vehicles including two Uttar Pradesh Roadways buses.
The deceased were identified as Shahzad (18) and Arif (12). The injured have been referred to a Delhi hospital.
- Two men mowed by speeding truck in Noida - May 27, 2010
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Nine killed in two road accidents in Ghaziabad - Nov 06, 2011
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Man killed, brother hurt in Ghaziabad road accident - Jun 23, 2010
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Third lead) - May 28, 2012
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- 23 killed as tempo rams into mini-buses (Second Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- 17 killed, several injured in Tamil Nadu bus accident - Dec 02, 2010
- 23 killed in Maharashtra bus accident (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Truck mows four kids, one killed in police firing - Sep 14, 2011
- Nine die as bus driver goes berserk in busy Pune (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
- 20 schoolkids injured in Rajasthan accident - Jul 26, 2012