Truck mows down two women in DelhiApril 27th, 2012 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 27 (IANS) Two elderly women were killed while one person suffered minor injuries Friday when a speeding truck rammed into an auto rickshaw in the national capital, police said.
The accident took place around 6:15 a.m. in central Delhi’s Desh Bandhu Gupta Road area, a police officer said.
Saroj Wadhawan and Daya Arzai, both residents of north Delhi’s Shalimar Bagh who were travelling in the auto rickshaw, succumbed to their injuries in a nearby hospital. The auto driver was discharged after receiving first-aid at the hospital, the officer added.
The truck driver, identified as Bhikhari Shah, has been arrested and a case of rash and negligent driving registered against him, police said.
- Overspeeding truck kills one, injures two in Delhi - Mar 11, 2012
- Two killed in separate accidents - May 13, 2011
- Four dead in freak multi-vehicle accident (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- Two film ticket black-marketers held for boss's murder - Jul 15, 2011
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012
- Five-year-old crushed under speeding truck - May 10, 2011
- Class 2 student killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2011
- Five killed in two road accidents - Nov 07, 2011
- Four Delhi Police personnel injured in accident - Apr 08, 2012
- Beam at Delhi flyover causes male nurse's death - Apr 29, 2012
- Five killed, 20 injured in Rajasthan - Apr 13, 2012
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- Pregnant woman dies after being hit by car in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- One killed in road accident - Dec 09, 2011
Tags: auto driver, auto rickshaw, capital police, central delhi, daya, desh, elderly women, first aid, gupta, minor injuries, nearby hospital, negligent driving, New Delhi, north delhi, police officer, rash, shalimar bagh, two women