Truck crushes three of family, mob attacks policeAugust 30th, 2011 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 30 (IANS) Three members of a family were Tuesday mowed down by a truck in Uttar Pradesh’s Mathura, sparking violent protests by locals who clashed with police, vandalised shops and damaged vehicles, officials said.
Vijay Singh, 28, his nephew Harveer, 12, and niece Poonam, 9, were crushed to death by the speeding truck in Raya locality.
Demanding arrest of the erring driver, the locals turned unruly and started attacking police when prevented from protesting. They also tried to torch vehicles.
“We had to resort to force in order to bring the situation under control. Heavy security arrangements have been made in the Raya and its adjoining areas in the wake of the violent demonstrations,” inspector Ajit Singh told reporters in Mathura, some 300 km from Lucknow.
- Locals clash with police over youth's death - Nov 15, 2011
- Death of school boy sparks violence, 10 injured - Oct 14, 2010
- Violence after girl dies in truck accident - Jul 26, 2010
- Truck mows four kids, one killed in police firing - Sep 14, 2011
- Clash in Uttar Pradesh city after woman's death - Mar 26, 2011
- Mob clashes with police over teen's death - Nov 12, 2011
- Violence in Uttar Pradesh town after minor's death - May 22, 2011
- Angry mob vandalises police post in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 28, 2010
- Locals clash with police over death of worker - May 05, 2011
- Schoolboy's death sparks violence in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 29, 2010
- 10 policemen injured in Uttar Pradesh mob attack - Sep 14, 2010
- Officials kill truck driver, spark violent protests - Sep 26, 2011
- Lucknow anti-encroachment drive protest turns violent - May 07, 2011
- Violence in Uttar Pradesh town after schoolboy's death - Aug 10, 2010
- Truck runs over girl, mobs go on rampage - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: ajit singh, damaged vehicles, heavy security, locality, locals, mob attacks, nephew, niece, security arrangements, situation under control, uttar pradesh, vijay singh, violent demonstrations, violent protests