Trivedi says adieu, to attend party meetMarch 19th, 2012 - 12:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 19 (IANS) Dinesh Trivedi, who quit as railway minister, said Monday he would visit Rail Bhavan to bid farewell to his colleagues and also attend the Trinamool Congress’ parliamentary party meeting on party chief Mamata Banerjee’s invitation.
Trivedi Sunday agreed to quit after the Trinamool chief and others in the party opposed the fare hike proposed in his rail budget and demanded an immediate rollback of the tariffs. Trivedi, who held on for a few days, finally took the decision after speaking with Banerjee.
“I will be attending the parliamentary board meeting. Mamata-ji has invited me to the parliamentary party meeting and certainly I am still a member of TMC,” Trivedi told reporters here. The meeting is likely to be held Monday.
Referring to officials in the railway ministry, he said: “I think it’s my duty to properly bid them goodbye and wish them well. I am going to the Rail Bhavan just to say goodbye.”
- Rollback of fares is PM's prerogative: Mamata - Mar 19, 2012
- Dinesh Trivedi sends resignation to PM - Mar 15, 2012
- Dinesh Trivedi speaks to Mamata, to quit (Second Lead) - Mar 18, 2012
- No threat to UPA: Trinamool - Mar 15, 2012
- Mamata summons Dinesh Trivedi to Kolkata - Mar 14, 2012
- Fare hike has to be withdrawn: Mamata - Mar 14, 2012
- Will quit if PM or Mamata ask me to: Trivedi (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- PM regrets Trivedi's going; Mukul Roy to be sworn in Tuesday (Roundup) - Mar 19, 2012
- Mamata tells PM: Let Mukul Roy replace Trivedi - Mar 15, 2012
- Trinamool tells Trivedi to quit, he wants Mamata's written order (Roundup) - Mar 17, 2012
- Trivedi replacement a 'farce', says CPI-M (Lead, Changing dateline) - Mar 19, 2012
- Trinamool demands fare hike roll-back, hints at Congress hand (Third Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Mukul Roy sworn in as cabinet minister (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Mukul Roy sworn in, to take over railway ministry (Third Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Congress core committee meets to discuss Mamata's demands, Uttarakhand crisis - Mar 17, 2012
Tags: budget, colleagues, dinesh, fare hike, farewell, few days, going to the rail, invitation, ji, mamata banerjee, march 19, New Delhi, parliamentary party, party chief, railway minister, rollback, tariffs, trinamool congress