Tripura’s new police chief takes chargeNovember 16th, 2011 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Nov 16 (IANS) Sanjay Sinha, a 1978 batch Manipur-Tripura cadre Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Wednesday took over as director general of Tripura Police.
The Tripura Police chief’s post was lying vacant after former DGP K. Saleem Ali, also a 1978 batch Manipur-Tripura cadre IPS officer, joined the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as its additional director in September.
“Sinha, who had served the state around three decades ago, was in the intelligence bureau many years in New Delhi before taking over as head of the Tripura Police,” a police spokesman said.
The new DGP had also worked in the Indian embassy in Washington as joint secretary.
- Special sop for officials of northeast cadre - Aug 31, 2011
- Pranay Sahaya appointed to cabinet secretariat - May 08, 2011
- Eastern borders more problematic than western region: BSF - Oct 11, 2010
- Economic development tamed terrorism: Tripura Police chief - Jun 15, 2011
- Tripura to use satellites to track terrorists - Nov 14, 2010
- BJP opposes transfer of CBI officer probing Adarsh scam - Jul 06, 2012
- Bifurcate Assam-Meghalaya joint cadre too: Meghalaya legislators - Sep 06, 2012
- Ashok Prasad takes over as new Kashmir police chief - Jul 23, 2012
- Security for CBI official probing Jagan case - Apr 02, 2012
- Pranay Sahaya takes over as Tripura police chief - Jul 15, 2008
- K. Subramaniam new Maharashtra police chief (Lead) - Sep 28, 2011
- CAT sets aside Andhra police chief's appointment - Apr 27, 2011
- Dayal is Maharashtra's new police chief - Jul 31, 2012
- AP Singh appointed new CBI director - Nov 30, 2010
- S. C. Sinha to be new NIA chief - Feb 10, 2010
Tags: ali, cbi, central bureau of investigation, dgp, embassy in washington, indian embassy in washington, indian police service, intelligence bureau, ips officer, New Delhi, police chief, police spokesman, saleem, sanjay, three decades, tripura