Tripura transparency panel violating law: RTI activistJune 2nd, 2010 - 4:20 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, June 2 (IANS) A Right to Information activist Wednesday asked Tripura Governor D.Y. Patil to stop the functioning of the state information commission (SIC) in violation of the law.
“After the retirement of the only information commissioner eight months back, Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) B.K. Chakraborty passing orders everyday in the name of the state information commission is a violation of the provisions of the Right to Information Act,” RTI activist and former legislator Tapas Dey said in a letter to the governor.
“It is apparent that unless there is a chief information commissioner and at least one state information commissioner, the state information commission cannot function,” he said.
Demanding the immediate intervention of the governor, the letter said: “All the orders as passed by the CIC in the name of the SIC were without jurisdiction and null.”
- Tripura introduces online RTI plea filing - Dec 31, 2010
- Court stays information panel's order to RBI on RTI plea - Dec 09, 2011
- Seven complaints from RTI users, says government - Aug 11, 2010
- Goa information commissioner's posting hits RTI roadblock - Jun 19, 2012
- 12,000 RTI appeals pending in Gujarat: Activist - Aug 08, 2011
- Now, RTI complaint hearings through video conferencing - Jul 28, 2011
- Appoint information commissioners for Kashmir, Habibullah urges Omar - Jan 21, 2010
- Activists demonstrate against Punjab information commission - Dec 20, 2010
- Government gets Delhi High Court contempt notice - May 09, 2012
- Hasten appointments in transparency panel: Court (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Transparency panel's order on Supreme Court cases stayed (Lead) - Sep 13, 2011
- Goa governor skips RTI hearing - Jan 04, 2011
- Governor not in RTI ambit? Court asks for affidavit - Jul 18, 2011
- Ex-Tamil Nadu chief secretary is state's new RTI chief - Sep 01, 2010
- Ministers' assets: RTI activist says PMO withholding details - Aug 29, 2010
Tags: activist, cic, eight months, information commissioner, jurisdiction, legislator, letter to the governor, provisions, retirement, right to information act, right to information act rti, state information, transparency