Tripura to have IIIT in BodhjungnagarJuly 3rd, 2012 - 5:11 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, July 3 (IANS) Tripura will set up an Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in Bodhjungnagar, one of northeastern region’s biggest industrial zones, a state official said Tuesday.
“State-owned ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation), NEEPCO (Northeastern Electric Power Corporation) and six private industrial houses from West Bengal have expressed willingness to be a partner of the Tripura IIIT,” Tripura’s Higher Education Department Secretary Kishore Ambuly told reporters here.
He said the state government had identified a piece of land for the proposed institute in Bodhjungnagar, some 25 km from state capital Agartala.
Besides Tripura, the union government has given its nod to set up IIITs in Assam and Rajasthan.
“The ministry of human resource development has planned to establish 20 IIITs on a not-for-profit public-private partnership (N-PPP) basis,” he said.
The funding will be borne by the central government 50 percent, state government 35 percent, and industry/private partnership 15 percent.
“In the northeastern states, industry participation for capital expenditure would be kept at 7.5 percent instead of 15 percent. The central government participation will be at 57.50 percent (instead of 50 percent) while state governments’ at 35 percent,” Ambuly said.
- Northeast India's first IIIT coming up in Tripura - Jun 08, 2012
- Pawan Hans resumes copter services in northeast - Jul 27, 2011
- Centre approves setting up of 20 new IIITs on public private partnership - Mar 04, 2011
- NEEPCO to upgrade three ITIs in northeast India - Sep 14, 2010
- Bangladeshi firm to set up agro-processing plants in Tripura - May 24, 2012
- India's first bamboo park in Tripura - Apr 06, 2011
- Northeast's first homoeopathy medicine making unit in Tripura - Mar 21, 2011
- Northeast needs more government initiatives: Tripura chief minister - Sep 24, 2011
- Northeast to generate 5,000 MW more in next few years - Jul 07, 2011
- Tripura to set up dental, ayurvedic, homeopathic colleges - Jul 14, 2012
- NEEPCO project in Tripura to run by water, thermal heat - Dec 25, 2010
- ONGC's first power project to start generation this month - Sep 03, 2012
- Pawan Hans to conduct thorough check of its fleet - May 03, 2011
- Three hydel power plants to come up in Mizoram - Jul 18, 2011
- Tripura to provide electricity in all hamlets by 2013 - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: agartala, assam, capital expenditure, central government, education department secretary, government participation, higher education department, human resource development, indian institute of information technology, industrial houses, industry participation, kishore, ministry of human resource, ministry of human resource development, northeastern region, northeastern states, public private partnership, state governments, union government, west bengal