Tripura CPI-M to protest Bengal leaders killingFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 12:32 am ICT by IANS
Agartala, Feb 22 (IANS) Tripura’s ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) will organise a massive protest rally Thursday to protest the killing of two party leaders in West Bengal Wednesday, the party announced.
“Massive gatherings would be held across Tripura Thursday to protest the killing and condemn the West Bengal government’s curb on the democratic trade union rights in that state,” a CPI-M statement said here Wednesday night.
The statement said that after installation of Trinamool Congress led government in West Bengal, 58 Left Front leaders and workers were killed in the past nine months.
Former legislator Pradip Tah and the party’s district committee member Kamal Gayen were lynched in West Bengal’s Burdwan district Wednesday allegedly by the ruling Trinamool Congress activists.
- Tripura CPI-M protests Bengal murders - Feb 23, 2012
- CPI-M condemns murders in Bengal - Feb 22, 2012
- CPI-M leaders' killing: CID custody for four arrested - Mar 05, 2012
- Five held for CPI-M leaders' killing remanded to custody (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Two CPI-M leaders killed in Bengal - Feb 22, 2012
- Five more held for CPI-M leaders' killing - Mar 19, 2012
- Petition seeks CBI probe into killings of CPI-M leaders - Feb 23, 2012
- Bengal: Intellectuals protest killing of CPI-M leaders - Feb 24, 2012
- Two Bengal CPI-M leaders killed, Left blames Trinamool (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Two Bengal CPI-M leaders killed, Mamata terms it infighting (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- CPI-M alleges disrespect to slain ex-legislator - Feb 24, 2012
- Court orders CID probe in CPI-M leaders' killing - Mar 02, 2012
- CPI-M leader killed in Bengal - Aug 25, 2012
- Two killed in Bengal, Trinamool says victims were cadres - Feb 17, 2011
- Trinamool won't join hands with Congress for Tripura polls - Jun 17, 2012
Tags: activists, burdwan district, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, district committee member, gatherings, kamal, legislator, massive protest, nine months, party leaders, protest rally, ruling communist party, tah, trinamool congress, tripura, wednesday night, west bengal government