Trinidad and Tobago PM to visit India in JanuaryDecember 18th, 2011 - 6:50 pm ICT by IANS
Port of Spain, Dec 18 (IANS/CMC) Trinidad and Tobago’s Indian-origin Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar will pay a 10-day state visit to India in January, where she will meet President Pratibha Patil, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and also attend the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas programme in Jaipur.
A statement issued in Port of Spain by the Indian High Commission said Persad-Bissessar will leave Jan 4.
Her programme includes other high-level bilateral meetings with the external affairs minister and the leader of the opposition. Persad-Bissessar is also scheduled to attend a state banquet Jan 6.
The Trinidad and Tobago prime minister will then attend the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2012 programme to be held in Jaipur Jan 7-9.
“Prime Minister Persad-Bissessar is the first female head of government in the diaspora and the first dignitary from Trinidad and Tobago to be bestowed with this honour. The theme of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas 2012 is ‘Global Indian-Inclusive Growth’,” the Indian High Commission statement said.
It said the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is an annual event sponsored by the ministry of overseas Indian affairs and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) which aims to promote, nurture and sustain a mutually beneficial and symbolic relationship between India and its diaspora.
“The Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is a fertile meeting place for overseas Indians of global repute who are highly successful in their respective fields of business, trade, medicine, science and technology.”
At the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas convention, there will be a concurrent Trade and Industry Exhibition and a Market Place forum providing business networking opportunities for several hundred global delegates expected to participate.
The statement said Persad-Bissessar’s agenda will also include engagements with the Indian private sector and senior ministers from Rajasthan, Maharastra and West Bengal.
- Kamla Persad-Bissessar, a 'Pravasi Bharatiya' on her way to India - Jan 01, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago PM chief guest at Pravasi Bharatiya Divas - Oct 27, 2011
- Return to roots: Trinidad PM to plant saplings in village - Jan 10, 2012
- India to help develop Trinidad as ICT hub - Jan 27, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago keen to host mini Indian diaspora meet - Jan 08, 2012
- India looks to Trinidad for oil, signs 5 pacts - Jan 06, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago PM in India from Thursday - Jan 04, 2012
- Emotions flow as Trinidad's 'daughter PM' visits Bihar village (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Gift of ancestral village soil awaits Trinidad PM - Jan 09, 2012
- Trinidad PM left 'lifetime' of memories for ancestral village - Jan 12, 2012
- Over 1,500 delegates to attend Indian diaspora conclave in 2012 - Aug 26, 2011
- Emergency was necessary, says Trinidad and Tobago PM - Sep 08, 2011
- Contest for NRIs to attend Pravasi Bharatiya Divas - Dec 16, 2011
- Annual diaspora meet begins in Jaipur Saturday - Jan 05, 2012
- Trinidad and Tobago PM arrives in India - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: business networking opportunities, confederation of indian industry, external affairs minister, indian high commission, indian private sector, industry exhibition, leader of the opposition, manmohan singh, market place forum, medicine science, ministry of overseas indian affairs, persad, pravasi bharatiya divas, president pratibha patil, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, relationship between india, state banquet, symbolic relationship, west bengal