Trinamool protests in Tripura against Tata’s West Bengal plantAugust 23rd, 2008 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Aug 23 (IANS) The Trinamool Congress Saturday staged a protest demonstration in Tripura against Tata Motors’ small car project at Singur in West Bengal.”We are with those hapless farmers whose land had been taken forcibly to set up Tata’s nano car project,” said Arun Chandra Bhowmik, chairman of the Trinamool Congress Tripura unit.
Tata Motors started construction of the plant in Singur, 40 km from Kolkata, two years ago. Since then, it has faced resistance from the Trinamool Congress, which has accused the government and the company of forcibly taking away farmers’ land for the project.
“We will organise protest rallies, demonstration, burning of effigies, besides civil disobedience across Tripura to protest the West Bengal government’s decision to take agricultural land forcibly from the unwilling farmers,” Bhowmik said.
- I believe Singur's farmers will win, says Mamata - Jun 22, 2012
- Court scraps Singur land law, Mamata suffers setback (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Mamata government tables Singur bill - Jun 14, 2011
- Singur farmers disappointed but still hopeful - Jun 22, 2012
- Monthly allowance to Singur's unwilling farmers doubled - Jun 27, 2012
- Singur farmers distribute sweets, throw colour - Sep 28, 2011
- West Bengal minister visits Singur site - May 31, 2011
- Bengal to acquire 400 acres at Singur to return to farmers - Jun 09, 2011
- CPI-M leader keeps away from his 'Occupy Singur' movement - Jul 03, 2012
- Bengal kickstarts process for Singur land return - Jun 26, 2011
- Singur verdict people's victory: Mamata - Sep 28, 2011
- We are committed to the cause of Singur farmers: Mamata (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Singur bill passed in Bengal assembly (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata - Aug 31, 2012