Tribunal quashes suspension of top Jharkhand copFebruary 14th, 2011 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 14 (IANS) Six years after a top Jharkhand Police official was suspended for his alleged involvement in a sex scam, a Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) court Monday quashed the disciplinary order. P.S. Natarajan, Inspector General of Police, was suspended Aug 31, 2005, after a news channel exposed him in a compromising position with a tribal woman. The Jharkhand government suspended the officer after a video clip of the sting operation was telecast by a news channel.
“A CAT court quashed the suspension of P.S. Natarajan and directed the state government to ensure his joining back,” Pinki Rai, Natarajan’s lawyer, told reporters here Monday. She said, “The court found the departmental proceeding was still pending against him.”
In August 2005, a private news channel exposed the officer with a tribal woman. The sting operation was done with consent of the woman to expose the misdeeds of the top cop.
The woman was, however, arrested last month by Gumla police and charged with patronising a criminal gang.
The trial in the sex scam is going on in a Ranchi court.
- Jharkhand to revoke suspension of top cop - May 20, 2011
- IPS officer accused of sexual harassment dismissed - Mar 24, 2012
- Tribal woman accused of extorting money - Aug 19, 2010
- Sex abuse victim arrested in Jharkhand - Jan 16, 2011
- Rights panel to probe tribal woman's harassment - Aug 16, 2010
- NHRC to enquire allegations of threat to life by tribal woman from J'khand police officer - Aug 16, 2010
- Three criminals lynched in Jharkhand - Jan 04, 2012
- Jharkhand woman killed, cut up, roasted, eaten by murderers - Jun 07, 2011
- Maoists blow up school in Jharkhand - Jun 07, 2011
- Two axed to death over land dispute - Jan 02, 2011
- Apex court stays order in Karnataka cop's case - Jun 01, 2012
- CNN-IBN not cooperating in graft probe: Jharkhand - Nov 25, 2010
- Villagers kill three in Jharkhand for practising 'black magic' - Jun 23, 2012
- Two killed by jumbos in Jharkhand - Jan 23, 2011
- Brother kills family for practising witchcraft - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: central administrative tribunal, cop, criminal gang, feb 14, inspector general, jharkhand government, lawyer, natarajan, police official, private news, proceeding, six years, state government, sting operation, tribal woman, video clip