Tribal leader rejoins BJP, calls Congress feudalNovember 5th, 2008 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Nov 5 (IANS) Former MP and tribal leader Dileep Singh Bhuriya, who has just rejoined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Wednesday said the Congress is a party of the feudals and has no place for the downtrodden. “The Congress has remained a party of leaders and feudal lords and has no place for dedicated workers, including tribals, backward classes, peasants, Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Scheduled Castes and other downtrodden classes,” Bhuriya, who had left the party to join the BJP Monday, said here.
Bhuriya, a former chairman of the ST commission, said he has also written to the Congress president Sonia Gandhi saying the party has no place for dedicated people.
“I come from a tribal background and have been feeling suffocated in the Congress,” he said.
Bhuriya had left the Congress in 1998, remained with the BJP till 2004, then joined the regional Gondwana Ganatanktrik party (GGP), and returned to the Congress the same year. Now he has opted to rejoin the BJP. His daughter too is in the BJP and a minister in the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government in Madhya Pradesh.
- Tribals, SCs return to Congress in Madhya Pradesh - May 18, 2009
- Madhya Pradesh BJP gets three new members - Mar 18, 2009
- BJP trying to woo Trinamool Congress back to NDA? - May 25, 2012
- Presidential polls: Fear of poaching haunts Chhattisgarh parties - Jul 10, 2012
- Badal asks Ramoowalia to rejoin Akali Dal - Nov 22, 2011
- BJP rally in support of arrested ex-MP - Sep 30, 2011
- BJP consolidates lead in Bastar Lok Sabha seat (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Bangarappa switches parties ninth time, joins JD-S - Dec 15, 2010
- Maoists call for poll boycott - Apr 11, 2011
- Lok Bhalai Party merges with Akali Dal in Punjab - Nov 23, 2011
- Exit Buddhadeb, man who saw beyond ideological convictions - May 14, 2011
- Athawale's saffron shift suicidal: RLDF - May 13, 2011
- Chouhan completes five years in office, Modi missing at event - Nov 29, 2010
- CWC condoles Arjun Singh's demise, describes him a symbol of secular values - Mar 05, 2011
- Karnataka BJP MP's election set aside - Jun 11, 2012