Trendy, romantic ‘Love Failure’ a treat to watch (Telugu Movie Review)February 19th, 2012 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
Film: “Love Failure”: Cast: Siddharth, Amala Paul, Suresh, Ravi, Balaji, Surekha Vani, Vignesh, Sri Ranjini, and Pooja; Director: Balaji Mohan; Composer: S. Thaman; Camera: Nirav Shah; Rating: ***
Actor Siddharth’s maiden production venture made under the banner of Y Not Studios is a well-made movie with a good breezy narration and a trendy presentation.
Thankfully, “Love Failure” ends up as a sincere attempt that has no room for a cinematic and melodramatic narration. The screenplay is tight and dialogues are contemporary and it makes the film connect with the audiences.
The honesty of the producers and director is apparent in the film made with good quality content and without using any usual commercial elements into the script.
Director Balaji Mohan’s creativity is showcased in the film as he has narrated the story in an ultra cool fashion. The film is clearly backed by tight and interesting script. There are no illogical sequences and focus is on a realistic presentation.
The story is contemporary and it highlights the confusions among youth, their dreams, super sensitive nature and ego trips in a realistic manner. One can relate the sequences with what’s happening around us.
The film starts with hero Arun who tries to explain how his affair with his engineering college friend Parvathi broke up. Then the narrative shows sequences, which lead to their break up.
Meanwhile, Parvathi has another problem to cope with. Her parents are on the verge of getting divorced.
Later both Arun and Parvathi realise they are made for each other.
Siddharth shines as Arun. His style, his dialogue delivery - all look quite natura. Amala Paul, who made a sensational debut through Tamil film “Mynaa”, proves that she is a hugely talented actress. She is a perfect choice for the role and given an impressive performance.
Most of the actors are new faces, which has given a fresh look to the film.
A few veterans like Suersh have filled in their roles effectively.
Another high point of the film is its technical strength. Nirav Shah, who is also the co-producer of the film, presents stunning visuals in this film. His camera work is perfect.
Thaman, known for his fast paced music, churns out soothing compositions that suit the film’s story element. Even the lyrics are well-written.
“Love Failure” is a trendy romantic film, which is a treat for young, urban audience.
- 'Shyloo' not as good as original, but watchable (Kannada Movie Review) - Dec 11, 2011
- 'Dookudu' an out and out Mahesh Babu film (Telugu Movie Review) - Sep 25, 2011
- Amala Paul And Oviya: Who Will Beat Whom In Kollywood? - Dec 07, 2010
- Insipid story makes 'Devadas' a dull affair (Kannada Movie Review) - May 15, 2011
- 'Deivathirumagal' - a winner for its emotional appeal (Tamil Movie Review; Rating:***1/2) - Jul 16, 2011
- 'Bejawada' another dud from Ram Gopal Varma (Telugu Movie Review) - Dec 02, 2011
- Shekhar Kammula's 'Life Is Beautiful' pushed to Sep 14 (Southern Movie Snippets) - Sep 03, 2012
- Ravi Teja's 'Nippu' a letdown (Telugu Movie Review) - Feb 19, 2012
- Watch 'Breaking News' for Radhika-Ajay's performance (Kannada Movie Review) - May 20, 2012
- 'Narsimha' - must watch for Ravichandran fans (Kannada Movie Review) - Mar 24, 2012
- 'Kandireega' mindless, but enjoyable (Telugu Movie Review) - Aug 14, 2011
- 'Raaj' fails to make an impact (Telugu Movie Review) - Mar 19, 2011
- Stale story ruins 'Oh My Friend' (Telugu Film Review) - Nov 12, 2011
- 'Alemari' - watch it for Yogi (Kannada Movie Review) - Mar 10, 2012
- 'Mr. Perfect' flawed but entertaining (Telugu Movie Review) - Apr 24, 2011
Tags: actor siddharth, amala, arun, balaji, college friend, commercial elements, cool fashion, ego trips, impressive performance, new faces, parvathi, ranjini, realistic manner, realistic presentation, script director, sensational debut, sensitive nature, surekha, talented actress, vignesh