Travel agents stop booking tickets for Singapore AirlinesJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 2 (IANS) Travel agents have stopped selling tickets of Singapore Airlines and threatened to extend the ban to other foreign airlines as well if they did not pay commission on tickets booked by them, an association representing them said Friday.”We have stopped issuing tickets of Singapore Airlines. We will do so with other foreign airlines too if they refuse to pay us commission,” said Rajinder Rai, president of the Travel Association Federation of India.
Rai said no foreign airlines have approached them so far to discuss the issue.
Travel agents in the country have had their way with airlines, at least in the domestic sector. National carrier Air India and other private carriers last month agreed to pay a 3 percent commission to them.
Domestic carriers now pay the commission on the total fare including fuel surcharge and basic fare, instead of 5 percent on the basic fare paid earlier.
The three full-service carriers, Air India, Jet Airways and Kingfisher Airlines had stopped paying the agents commission since Nov 1.
- Airlines advised not to hike fares: DGCA - May 11, 2012
- Foreign airlines asked to review 'zero commission' to agents - Mar 12, 2010
- Travel agents barred from ticketing for Kingfisher (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- IndiGo readies to fly to Kathmandu - Jun 17, 2011
- New system to ensure smoother travel planning launched - Sep 08, 2010
- Agents to protest against commission denial by foreign airlines - Jan 27, 2009
- FDI reform lifted mood in aviation industry: Ajit Singh - Sep 21, 2012
- Kingfisher woes force fliers to shift to rival airlines - Feb 20, 2012
- Hefty increase in air fares ahead of Onam in Kerala - Aug 26, 2011
- Rationalise tax structure for aviation sector: Assocham - Nov 12, 2011
- FDI in airlines allowed, foreign airlines welcome move - Sep 14, 2012
- Kingfisher to reconfigure aircraft - Oct 05, 2011
- IATA suspends Kingfisher from two more inter-airline transaction systems (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Bangkok Airways connects Bangalore and Thailand - Oct 04, 2011
- Kingfisher Airlines makes alternate booking arrangements - Mar 09, 2012