Travel agent forges MP’s signature, held in DelhiJune 7th, 2012 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) A travel agent was arrested here Thursday for forging the signature of Bharatiya Janata Party MP Syed Shahnawaz Hussain to get a railway ticket confirmed, police said.
Gurfan Ahmed, 26, a resident of Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested from central Delhi’s Matia Mahal area.
“He had forged the letterhead and signature of Hussain to get a train ticket confirmed through special quota and submitted it to divisional railway manager in Ambala (Haryana),” said a police official.
According to the official, the ticket was for the Golden Temple Mail.
- Two held for forging MP's letterhead - Jun 23, 2012
- Rail traffic affected at Ambala after derailment - Jan 05, 2012
- Haryana Jats harden stand on quota - Mar 22, 2011
- Normalcy slowly returning to Srinagar - Jun 27, 2012
- Jats threaten to halt trains, cut water to Delhi (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Haryana SGPC chief held, supporters block rail tracks (Lead) - Sep 15, 2010
- Exodus of people from northeast continues from Bangalore (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- High court asks agitating Jats to leave rail tracks (Lead) - Mar 24, 2011
- Diesel locomotive derails after ramming into freight train in Ambala - Dec 24, 2010
- Two railway officials attacked by eunuchs - Nov 18, 2011
- Jats continue blockages despite court orders - Mar 25, 2011
- Six arrested for betting - Mar 30, 2011
- MP's letter forged to recommend Bappi Lahiri for award - Apr 27, 2012
- Harrowing time for residents, passengers in Haryana - Jul 07, 2010
- Haryana Sikh leader, 45 others sent to judicial custody - Sep 16, 2010
Tags: azamgarh, bharatiya janata party, central delhi, golden temple, haryana, letterhead, mail, mp, New Delhi, police official, quota, railway manager, railway ticket, shahnawaz, signature, train ticket, travel agent