Train passengers robbed in BiharJuly 6th, 2012 - 12:26 am ICT by IANS
Patna July 5 (IANS) A group of armed criminals Thursday night looted cash and valuables worth Rs.3 lakh from passengers on a train in Bihar’s Jamui district, injuring over half a dozen people who tried to resist, police said.
The robbery took place on the Asansol-Mumbai Express in Jamui, about 200 km from Patna.
“Armed criminals boarded the train before Jamui and stopped the train by pulling the emergency chain at an isolated place and looted cash and valuables,” said a police officer.
Three seriously injured passengers were admitted to the railway hospital at Jhajha.
Angry passengers later staged a protest at the Jhajha railway station and shouted slogans against the inadequate security provided in trains.
A case was lodged by the Government Railway Police at Jhajha railway station, police said.
- Another train robbery in Bihar - Aug 09, 2010
- Armed men loot train passengers in Bihar - Oct 11, 2009
- Armed men loot, assault train passengers in Bihar (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- Robbers loot train passengers in Bihar - Nov 27, 2009
- Passenger shot dead during train robbery in Bihar - Dec 26, 2009
- Armed robbers loot train passengers in Bihar - Nov 26, 2009
- Armed men loot, assault train passengers in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- Another train robbery in Bihar - Aug 21, 2010
- Railway gangman killed by train robbers in Bihar - Aug 30, 2009
- Jain pilgrims looted by criminals in Bihar - Nov 22, 2011
- Train looted in Bihar - Jul 20, 2010
- Train passengers robbed, assaulted in Bihar - Aug 06, 2010
- Another train robbery in Bihar, six injured - Aug 09, 2010
- Armed men loot passengers in Bihar - Feb 23, 2010
- Armed men loot train passengers in Bihar - Jan 22, 2011