Train mows down two childrenMarch 16th, 2008 - 9:53 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 16 (IANS) A speeding train Sunday mowed down two children in northeast Delhi, a railway officer said. The accident happened at Seelampur when the two children, around eight and 10 years old, were running over the railway track.
“A train on the Delhi-Ghaziabad route ran over the children around 2 p.m. killing them on the spot,” said J. Singh, station house officer (Old Delhi).
“Both of them were apparently playing on the platforms,” he added.
The boys, believed to be slum-dwellers, were yet to be identified. The police also do not know yet the number of the train, said Singh.
The bodies were sent for autopsy.
- 12 run over by train in Chhattisgarh - Oct 23, 2011
- Woman doctor kills herself over failed affair - Dec 05, 2011
- 14-hour power failure hit NCR towns - Jul 30, 2012
- Slum dwellers, police clash in Kolkata again - Apr 28, 2012
- Signal snag hits thousands of Metro commuters (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Caution! Walking with headphones could kill - Jan 30, 2012
- Huts razed in Nizammudin to make way for flyover (Lead) - Apr 15, 2010
- Two labourers run over by train - Apr 26, 2012
- Slum dwellers protest direct cash transfers - Sep 27, 2011
- Speeding train kills 1, injures 3 in Assam - Apr 17, 2012
- Metro trains ran at restricted speed - Feb 21, 2012
- Mumbai-Howrah route traffic resumes after train accident - Oct 23, 2011
- Two labourers mowed by speeding truck in Delhi - Jun 06, 2010
- Three killed as bus ploughs into shelter - Nov 01, 2010
- Ramesh to visit site where train killed tuskers - Sep 28, 2010