Train hits road roller, derails; passengers safeFebruary 27th, 2011 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 27 (IANS) The engine and 11 compartments of the Puri-bound Neelachal Express derailed Sunday in Orissa after it hit a road roller that had entered the railway track at an unmanned level crossing. The road roller driver was critically injured.None of the train passengers were injured, according to a railway official.
The 12875 Puri-New Delhi Neelachal Express was travelling through the Bhadrak-Kharagpur section of the South Eastern Railway (SER) when it hit a road roller that entered the railway track through at an unmanned level crossing between Bhadrak and Ranital stations, said a railway spokesperson.
Accident relief medical trains from Kharagpur in West Bengal and Bhadrak were rushed to the derailment site.
SERs general manager Vinay Mittal, Kharagpur divisional manager R.K. Kulshreshta and other senior officers have also rushed to the spot to supervise the repair of the track, said the spokesperson.
A toll free enquiry centre (10722) has been opened at Howrah station, while four other round the clock enquiry counters are also open at Howrah (033-26382217), Kharagpur (03222-221049), Balasore (06782-262476) and Tatanagar (0657-2290112) stations, he said.
- Neelachal express derails after hitting road roller in Orissa - Feb 27, 2011
- Night passenger trains suspended - Jul 04, 2010
- No night trains in Maoist-affected areas till Aug 11 - Aug 06, 2010
- No night movement of trains in Maoist-hit areas till Friday - Aug 03, 2010
- Train schedule goes haywire after derailment - May 28, 2010
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Train services disrupted after 'Maoist posters' seen on track - Jul 23, 2010
- Communists are conspiring against the railways: Mamata - Sep 13, 2009
- Vasco-Howrah express derails in Karnataka, none hurt - Jun 18, 2010
- Another possible train sabotage by Maoists foiled - Jun 10, 2010
- Major train collision averted in West Bengal (Lead) - Aug 22, 2010
- Train accident averted in West Bengal - Aug 22, 2010
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh, no casualty - Sep 21, 2010
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012