Train engine catches fireDecember 26th, 2011 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Dec 26 (IANS) The engine of the Dharmanagar-bound passenger train Monday caught fire in Tripura but no one was hurt, police said here.
Flames enveloped the engine at Nabincherra in north Tripura, 115 km from here. Fire fighters doused the blaze, police spokesman Nepal Das told IANS.
Another rail engine was rushed from Dharmanagar and the train reached its destination about three and a half hours late.
Agartala came up on India’s rail map in October 2008.
- People saved from burning ship off Turkey - Aug 04, 2012
- Train hits truck at unmanned crossing in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 24, 2009
- Four killed, 25 injured in Bengal road accident - Aug 26, 2011
- Northeast on high alert to foil terror attacks on Aug 15 - Aug 11, 2012
- Fire at Lucknow's Coffee House - Apr 18, 2012
- Alert train driver prevents tragedy - Aug 06, 2011
- One killed as train catches fire in Andhra Pradesh - Jul 30, 2012
- Two train accidents injure 21 - Nov 23, 2011
- 'Another month to restore train services to northeast' - Jul 02, 2012
- Northeastern states alerted to likely terror strike - Aug 14, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- 12-hour shutdown cripples life in Tripura - Jul 13, 2012
- Rajdhani Express engine catches fire, passengers safe - Aug 04, 2010
- Militant killed in Tripura - Jul 22, 2012
- 13 killed in Mizoram, Tripura accidents - Mar 27, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,