Train engine catches fire in Uttar PradeshJune 7th, 2010 - 11:25 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 7 (IANS) A fire broke out in a running train in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur district Monday, leading to the evacuation of the passengers, a railway official said Monday. No injury or casualty was reported.
The fire broke out late Monday in the engine of Kanpur-Fatehpur passenger train near the Rama Devi railway crossing in Kanpur, some 80 km from Lucknow.
“It could have been a major tragedy but was averted with the timely intervention by our officials. Evacuation of the train was a real challenge for us,” Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Parmanand Mishra told reporters in Kanpur.
“The exact cause behind the fire is yet to be ascertained,” he added.
- Man's body found inside train in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 31, 2010
- Alert train driver prevents tragedy - Aug 06, 2011
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh, all passengers safe - Apr 27, 2011
- Home Guard arrested for raping girl in train - Jan 17, 2011
- Goods train engine catches fire, no casualties - Jun 10, 2010
- Three crushed to death by train - Aug 08, 2011
- Rail traffic disrupted as goods train derails - Oct 04, 2011
- 3 lakh passengers, 300 trains stranded in eight states (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Six police recruits run over by train in Uttar Pradesh - May 20, 2011
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 09, 2010
- Passenger train derails, no casualties - May 03, 2011
- Goods train derails, Delhi-Howrah traffic disrupted - Apr 21, 2010
- Four train passengers injured as youths go on rampage - Aug 07, 2010
- Minor fire in Shatabdi Express - Mar 29, 2012
- Major fire in Uttar Pradesh commercial complex - Sep 05, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,