Train driver robbed of Rs.210,000 in DelhiJune 9th, 2009 - 11:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 9 (IANS) A 44-year-old train driver was Tuesday robbed of Rs.210,000 by two motorbike-borne assailants when he alighted from a bus in south Delhi, according to police.
Ram Lal was returning home after withdrawing Rs.210,000 from Allahabad Bank’s Tara Apartment branch around 1 p.m. when he was waylaid by the robbers in Tuglakabad area, police said.
“Ram Lal said he got off from the bus near his home in Railway Colony in Tuglakabad area and had barely walked a few steps when he was pushed by two motorbike-borne assailants. Before he could realise what was going on, the robbers snatched his bag and fled from the spot,” said a police officer.
He told the police that he had withdrawn the money to buy a plot of land.
- Man fired at after bid to snatch mother's gold chain - Nov 04, 2011
- Man pursuing chain-snatchers shot - Jun 12, 2011
- Municipal poll contestant shot in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 19, 2012
- Man robbed of Rs.5 lakh - Jan 22, 2011
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Property dealer looted - Feb 03, 2011
- Rs.1 lakh snatched from 75-year-old - Jun 17, 2011
- Delhi policeman stabbed, robbed - Jan 14, 2009
- Man shot at for opposing girl's harassment - Dec 04, 2011
- Bike-borne men loot Rs.32 lakh - Apr 28, 2011
- Delhi jeweller looted of Rs.1.55 crore at gunpoint (Lead) - Dec 16, 2009
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- Youth saves boss from robbery, shot dead - Apr 01, 2011
- Man robbed of Rs.5 lakh in Delhi - Jun 07, 2010
- Professor critically wounded in Ghaziabad - Aug 21, 2012