Traffic accident in fog kills 6 in UAEMarch 11th, 2008 - 6:09 pm ICT by admin
Abu Dhabi, March 11 (DPA) Some 200 cars crashed Tuesday in heavy fog on the highway between Abu Dhabi and Dubai, leaving at least six people dead and injuring 40, media reports said. The accident, which happened in the early hours of Tuesday, saw at least 25 vehicles catch fire near the Ghantoot area, Gulf News online reported.
At least 40 people were injured, but 20 were released from Dubai’s Rashid hospital, while 10 are still in critical conditions, sources told Gulf News online.
Emergency helicopters could not help the injured soon after the accident, as bad weather lasted until noon, police said.
- 10 injured in fog-related accidents in UAE - Dec 27, 2011
- 10 killed, 18 injured in Florida highway pileups - Jan 30, 2012
- Deaths, accidents as cold wave grips north India (Roundup) - Dec 19, 2011
- 21 vehicles collide in China - Feb 11, 2012
- Helicopter crashes near Gulf of Mexico oil rig platform - May 29, 2012
- Eight dead as 30 vehicles collide in China - Oct 23, 2011
- 35 injured in multiple vehicle collision in Britain - Nov 05, 2011
- Nearly 200 dead in Nepal accidents this year - Jul 15, 2012
- 17 killed in Pakistan accidents caused by fog - Jan 11, 2011
- Worst highway auto pileup rattles orderly UAE - Mar 12, 2008
- Mexico: 14 sugarcane workers killed in Jalisco truck accident - Apr 07, 2012
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan, no survivors (Night Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- 10 dead in highway pile-up in Germany - Apr 08, 2011
- Four killed in China bus crash - Feb 01, 2012
- 8 killed as bus falls into gorge in Jammu - Aug 21, 2012