Trader robbed of Rs.700,000 at gunpointJune 7th, 2009 - 8:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) Three motorcycle-borne assailants robbed a trader of Rs. 700,000 at gun point, Delhi Police said Sunday.
Ujjwal Singh, a businessman, was returning home Saturday night when the assailants threw a stone on the front wind screen of his car to stop him in Ashok Vihar area in northwest Delhi, a police officer said.
“One of them pointed a gun at him and asked him to hand over his bag containing cash. While Singh was still trying to come to terms with the situation, they took the bag from the back seat and escaped,” the officer said.
Police were interrogating people working in his company as the assailants had prior information about Singh carrying a large amount of cash.
- Trader looted of Rs.8 lakh in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011
- Man shot at, thrown off flyover by robbers - Jan 10, 2011
- Trader looted of Rs.16 lakh in Ghaziabad (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Trader looted of Rs.16 lakh - May 16, 2011
- Three held for robbing businessman at gunpoint - Feb 22, 2011
- Meat trader shot at in Ghaziabad - Aug 06, 2012
- Robbery in east Delhi - Feb 09, 2011
- Man shot dead in Delhi - Sep 06, 2011
- Youth saves boss from robbery, shot dead - Apr 01, 2011
- Four murders in Delhi over a few hours - Sep 18, 2009
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Firing in Delhi market, one killed (Lead) - Dec 19, 2009
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Four murders in Delhi in 12 hours (Lead) - Sep 18, 2009
- Chandigarh trader robbed of Rs.2 mn (Lead) - Nov 02, 2010