Trader looted of Rs.8 lakh in GhaziabadMarch 28th, 2011 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 28 (IANS) Motorcycle-borne men shot at and robbed a steel trader of Rs.8 lakh here Monday, police said.
The incident occurred in the afternoon in Nehru Nagar locality.
According to the police, Romit Jain, a leading steel trader, withdrew Rs.8 lakh in cash from a bank. His employee Rahul Chauhan was also with him.
As they were going to the steel market in Bulandshahr industrial area, two men on a black motorcycle came and threw chilly powder at them, police officer Praveen Ranjan Singh said.
One of the robbers snatched the bag containing cash from Jain and shot at him when he resisted. The robbers sped away with the bag.
Locals rushed the trader to Yashoda Hospital, where his condition was stated to be stable, he said.
- Bike-borne men loot Rs.32 lakh - Apr 28, 2011
- Trader looted of Rs.16 lakh - May 16, 2011
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Trader looted of Rs.16 lakh in Ghaziabad (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Rs 8 lakh looted from garment factory staff - Jan 07, 2010
- Rs.3 lakh snatched from woman in Ghaziabad - Jun 08, 2012
- Rs.1 lakh snatched from 75-year-old - Jun 17, 2011
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011
- Delhi trader looted in Agra - Sep 08, 2012
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Over Rs.7 lakh looted in Ghaziabad - Sep 16, 2010
- Meat trader shot at in Ghaziabad - Aug 06, 2012
- Tata Motors recovery agent shot, robbed - Oct 27, 2010
- Man robbed off Rs.4 lakh in Ghaziabad - Jul 21, 2011
- Robbers snatch Rs.10 lakh from petrol pump employees - Jul 19, 2010