Trader abducted in Delhi grain marketOctober 18th, 2008 - 9:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 18 (IANS) Three men allegedly kidnapped a trader from outside the Narela grain market in outer Delhi Saturday, police said. The incident took place at around 8.30 a.m.
Surender Murthal, a resident of Murthal in Sonepat in Haryana, had come to the grain market when three people forcibly dragged him outside, bundled him into a car and sped away, a police official said.
When his family members tried to contact him on his mobile, they found it switched off.
After half-an-hour Murthal picked up a call from his brother and told him that he had been kidnapped by three people. His brother, Narender, informed the police about the incident.
Surender is a cereal trader and runs a shop in Narela market along with his brother.
Traders in the area held a demonstration to protest the incident and disrupted traffic.
“The kidnappers have not yet made any ransom call to his family members. The reason behind the incident is not clear yet,” added the police official.
A case of kidnapping has been registered with the police and a hunt launched to nab the men, police said.
- Four held with heroin worth Rs.4 crore - Sep 03, 2010
- Hindu trader shot dead in Pakistan - Feb 07, 2011
- Man held for kidnapping minor boy - Oct 20, 2011
- Four held for abducting Class 1 boy - Apr 29, 2011
- Zardari seeks report on killing of Hindu doctors - Nov 08, 2011
- Outrage after armed assailants kill Hindu businessman, kidnap son in Quetta - Jun 09, 2010
- Hindu trader kidnapped in Pakistan - Feb 13, 2012
- Trader looted of Rs.8 lakh in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011
- Businessman found dead - Mar 07, 2011
- Three arrested for kidnapping - Feb 09, 2012
- Two arrested in Delhi for killing elderly woman - Aug 16, 2012
- Parsi businesswoman abducted in Pakistan - Mar 09, 2011
- Abducted Pakistani boy strangled to death - Mar 18, 2012
- Three Hindu traders abducted in Pakistan - Jul 14, 2012
- Man kidnapped, shot in Delhi - Apr 01, 2011