Toxic gases kill four in Rajasthan wellJune 17th, 2012 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, June 17 (IANS) Four men, aged between 20 and 40 years, Sunday suffocated to death due to poisonous gases in a 30-feet-deep well in Rajasthan, police said.
The incident took place in Tonk district’s Lamba Harisingh village, some 150 km from Jaipur.
Initially, one of the victims slipped into the well while trying to clean it. The others then entered the well to help him but all of them died of suffocation, police said.
“Ramlal Bairwa was removing mud out of the 30-feet-deep well in the courtyard of his house when he slipped into it. His uncle, Babulal, and two neighbours, Ramrai and Atmaram, went into the well to save him. When all the four did not come out, their family members informed police,” a police official told IANS.
“During preliminary investigation, it has come to light that they were suffocated due to poisonous gases in the well,” the official said.
- Teenager falls into Bengal well (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Bengal teenager who fell into well brought out dead - Jun 25, 2012
- Teenager falls into well in West Bengal - Jun 24, 2012
- Disabled man rescues girl from well - Dec 29, 2011
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- Tutor kills girl, brother - Jan 25, 2012
- One dead as Goa-Mumbai bus plunges into ravine - Jun 12, 2012
- Three oil plant workers suffocate to death - Jan 09, 2012
- Other incidents of toddlers being rescued - Jun 23, 2012
- Child dies after falling in borewell in Punjab - Jun 03, 2010
- 2 dead, 10 injured due to electrocution in Rajasthan - Mar 19, 2012
- Poisonous gas in well kills three - May 18, 2011
- Dalit woman branded a witch, thrashed in Rajasthan - Aug 29, 2010
- Woman branded as witch, molested in Rajasthan - Jun 25, 2012
- Infant buried on tantrik's advice, survives - Apr 14, 2012