Toxic gas leak kills five in ChinaMay 9th, 2012 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, May 9 (IANS) At least five people were killed Wednesday due to toxic gas leak in a workshop near an airport in northwest China, officials said.
The incident took place around 7.20 p.m. in Urumqi, capital of Xinjiang Uygur region, Xinhua reported.
The gas leak occurred in a nitrogen-making workshop near the Urumqi Diwopu international airport, an official said.
The dead include business workers, crew members of an airline and medical workers.
A few people were still under medical supervision.
The gas leak was caused by a worker’s error.
- Plane hijacking attempt foiled in China - Jun 29, 2012
- Six killed in China mine blast - Feb 15, 2012
- Over 1,400 evacuated after quake hits China - Dec 02, 2011
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- Muslims celebrate Eid in China - Aug 31, 2011
- Urumqi-bound plane turned back to Afghanistan following bomb threat - Aug 10, 2009
- 18 die as coach plunges into gorge in China - Mar 11, 2011
- 12 killed in China riots (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Chinese Muslims celebrate Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- 14 ill as gas leaks in Chinese plant - Feb 23, 2012
- 10 killed in China accident - Aug 05, 2010
- Xinjiang riots: Urumqi party chief, Xinjiang police chief removed - Sep 06, 2009
- China fights rats with stray cats - Aug 20, 2011
- Three killed as train hits bus in China - Mar 24, 2011
- 12 killed in China riots - Feb 28, 2012