Topsgrup buys 51 percent stake in UK security firmMay 29th, 2008 - 6:27 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 29 (IANS) City-based private security agency Topsgrup has acquired 51 percent stake in the UK-based security service provider the Shield Guarding Company Ltd for an all-cash deal of $31.25 million (Rs.1.25 billion). Shield is one of the top market leaders in the UK with market capitalisation of $140 million.
Addressing reporters here Thursday afternoon, Topsgrup chairman and managing director Diwan Rahul Nanda said the acquisition would act as “a strategic gateway in the company’s global growth plans in the coming years”.
The company has also announced plans to go public next year.
“As a growing company we intend to take more responsibilities and plan bigger things. In this regard, we would like to take a step forward and go public soon via the IPO (initial public offering) route in next 12-14 months,” chief financial officer Amar Panghal told IANS.
However, Panghal declined to divulge details about the IPO.
Panghal added that that Topsgrup plans to acquire many more security agencies abroad as part of its expansion strategy.
Topsgrup, with a market capitalization of US $250 million, provides tailor made security solutions including manned guarding, electronic security systems, investigations, facility management and emergency response services to many companies across the country.
Earlier, Topsgrup acquired a south Indian security company called Guardwell Detective Private Ltd for $8.75 million.
- Indian security solutions provider acquires British firm - Jul 15, 2012
- 30,000 rural youths to be trained as security guards - Jan 27, 2011
- Promoters skip IPO route in unfavourable market - Jul 01, 2011
- Facebook IPO boosts growth of Chinese sites - Feb 03, 2012
- Kerala has a lot to offer, Chandy tells business leaders (Lead, With images) - May 15, 2012
- Companies deferring public issue in bearish markets - Nov 28, 2011
- Plintron Global Technology to double headcount in a year - Sep 05, 2011
- Groupon IPO raises $700 million - Nov 04, 2011
- Tata Communications eyeing British C&W; Worldwide - Mar 01, 2012
- Firms non-compliant with SEBI norms to face action - May 07, 2012
- Facebook set to raise $16 bn with largest tech IPO - May 18, 2012
- L&T; planning private equity fund after IPO - Jul 25, 2011
- SEBI alerts investors about risky market - Jan 14, 2011
- TCG Lifesciences to foray into bio-tech medicine - Feb 16, 2012
- Tata engineering firm acquires British company - Mar 22, 2010
Tags: electronic security systems, emergency response services, expansion strategy, global growth, indian security, initial public offering, ipo initial public offering, market capitalisation, market capitalization, market leaders, nanda, private ltd, private security agency, security agencies, security company, security firm, security service provider, shield guarding company, topsgrup, uk security