Top woman Maoist surrendersMarch 9th, 2012 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 9 (IANS) Top woman Maoist Suchitra Mahato, who was suspected to have been with rebel leader Kishenji when he was killed last year, surrendered Friday before West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
“This is a success. We want peace. This is a big gift of Holi,” Banerjee told a press conference at the state secretariat.
Security personnel were on the lookout for Mahato, a Maoist squad commander and widow of slain rebel leader Sasadhar Mahato. She was reportedly injured in the shootout with security personnel in which Kishenji was killed.
Mahato surrendered along with her new husband Pradush Garai. They had married Feb 25 this year.
- Top woman Maoist surrenders, Mamata says Holi gift (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Top woman Maoist Suchitra Mahato headed lethal rebel squad - Mar 10, 2012
- Left sceptical of Mahato's surrender, Congress welcomes it - Mar 09, 2012
- Elimination of Kishenji not planned, just happened: Mamata - Mar 09, 2012
- Two sent to custody for aiding Maoist leader - Nov 30, 2011
- Police comb forests, hunt for Kishenji's aides - Nov 25, 2011
- Kishenji eliminated in Didi's regime - an irony? (West Bengal Newsletter) - Nov 27, 2011
- Seven Maoists surrender in Bengal - May 23, 2012
- CID begins probe into Kishenji's death - Nov 26, 2011
- Kishenji was given three days to surrender: Mamata - Nov 27, 2011
- Another Maoist couple surrenders in Bengal - Feb 07, 2012
- Manhunt for Kishenji in Junglemahal, five arrested - Nov 23, 2011
- Mamata has killed Kishenji: Varavara Rao - Nov 26, 2011
- Seven Maoists surrender in Bengal (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Kishenji's laptop recovered in search - Mar 20, 2012