Top star Katrina says no to helpersSeptember 9th, 2008 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 9 (IANS) With six back-to-back hits in her kitty in the last one year, Katrina Kaif is now the reigning queen of Bollywood. But success has not gone to her head and she still believes in doing her chores herself.”Katrina has not got carried away by her success. She continues to be herself,” said a source close to the actress.
The source said people were surprised to see the British-born actress carrying her own luggage at an airport even though her chaperones were with her.
“Sandhya, Katrina’s secretary, was with her and though she insisted that she’d carry her luggage Katrina just did not allow her to do so! Katrina said, ‘It is my luggage and I will carry it myself’.
“Katrina usually prefers to do her tasks on her own. Success has not spoilt her at all,” added the source.
After wowing audiences in the recently released romantic comedy “Singh Is Kinng” opposite Akshay Kumar, Katrina has displaced top-rung actors, including Kareena Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai and Priyanka Chopra.
Her success story started with “Namastey London” and continued with “Apne”, “Partner”, “Welcome”, “Race” and now “Singh Is Kinng”.
“Katrina has learnt that success and failure are transitory and that one should not get carried away by them. She firmly believes in keeping her head placed on her shoulders,” said the source.
- My career's best phase yet to come: Katrina - Aug 12, 2012
- My career's best is yet to come: Katrina Kaif - Aug 12, 2012
- Patience is a virtue, believes Katrina - Feb 25, 2011
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- Katrina on top with six hits in a row: critics - Sep 03, 2008
- I have learnt to cope with media attention: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Mar 16, 2011
- Katrina to go on stage for 'Mere Brother...' gigs - Jun 28, 2011
- Katrina's 25th birthday a family affair in London - Jul 15, 2009
- Working with woman director was nice: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - Nov 16, 2010
- Can't I expect little respect, asks Katrina - Aug 12, 2011
- I'll be there to guide any damsel in distress: Akshay Kumar - Nov 23, 2009
- Katrina says she has no marriage plans - Dec 11, 2010
- Salman genuinely believed I'd achieve success: Katrina Kaif (Interview) - May 08, 2010
- I won't get provoked by marriage rumours: Katrina Kaif - Feb 03, 2009
- I don't believe in competition: Sonakshi Sinha - Aug 03, 2011