Top cops transferred in Uttar PradeshMay 15th, 2011 - 12:30 am ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, May 14 (IANS) Two senior police officials, including Gautam Budh Nagar district police chief, were transferred as a fallout of a violent farmers’ agitation near Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh officials said Saturday.
Additional Director General of Police for National Capital Region (NCR) Gurbachan Lal has been replaced by K.L. Meena, while Senior Superintendent of Police for Gautam Budh Nagar Surya Nath Singh has been replaced by Jyoti Prasad, according to officials.
The agitation by farmers demanding higher compensation for their land acquired by the government led to clashes and exchange of gun fire between them and the police killing four people earlier this week.
- Farmers clash with police in Uttar Pradesh, official injured - May 07, 2011
- Land protests: Reward announced for five farmer leaders - May 09, 2011
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Fourth Lead, correcting designation in para 4) - May 09, 2011
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Third Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Weapon 'robbed' by Tewatia recovered - Jul 10, 2011
- Congress blames Mayawati government for farmers' agitation - May 09, 2011
- BJP calls shutdown in Greater Noida, other areas - May 10, 2011
- Farmers stir turns violent, top official shot (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Farmer fury spreads, death toll is four (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Opposition leaders arrested at Greater Noida - May 09, 2011
- PM announces financial aid to Bhatta-Parsaul villagers - May 22, 2011
- 4 injured as police open fire on agitating farmers - Feb 21, 2011
- Politics over farmer's agitation, opposition slams Mayawati (Roundup) - May 09, 2011
- Three killed in farmers-police gunbattle, clashes (Second Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Compensation rate raised for Greater Noida village - Aug 06, 2011