Top-10 finish for Rajini in Asian Road RacingOctober 16th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Zhuhai (China), Oct 16 (IANS) Indian champion Krishnan Rajini delivered a top-10 finish in the fifth round of the FIM Petronas Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC) here Sunday.
Rajini, representing team Moto-Rev India, started the first race in 18th position, but finished 10th to earn six points. In the second race, Rajini ended up 15th for which he received one point.
The Indian’s team-mate Toshiyuki Hamaguchi, however, landed in the hospital following a 200kmph crash resulting in four broken ribs and a minor abrasion to his lungs. The Japanese rider is reportedly out of danger, but will remain in hospital for two weeks.
Rajini heads to Qatar in November for the FIM World Endurance championship and the outing will serve as an ideal preparation for the concluding round of the ARRC to be held at the same circuit.
- Rajini hopeful of strong showing in Asia Road Racing - Oct 14, 2011
- Asian Road Racing Championship: Moto-Rev picks up 21 points - May 01, 2011
- Close battles likely in third round of Asia Road Racing - Aug 05, 2011
- Moto-Rev India set for Asian Road Racing Championship - Apr 28, 2011
- Rookie motorbike rider Ramesh bags a double - Jun 03, 2012
- Rajini makes amends at National Racing Championship - Jul 03, 2011
- 40 riders for Asian Road Racing Championship - Aug 03, 2011
- Leaders to have it tough in National bike racing - Sep 07, 2012
- Top honours for Rajini in National Motorcycle Championship - Oct 02, 2011
- Rajini dominates superbikes class - Aug 12, 2012
- Malaysian biker wins fourth round of Asian championship near Chennai - Aug 23, 2010
- National Motorcycle Racing: Double for Rajini, Deepak - Aug 14, 2011
- Jagan dominates day two of national motorcycle racing - Jun 05, 2011
- Moto-Rev Team dominate day 1 of racing championship - Jun 02, 2012
- Double for Sarath Kumar - Sep 09, 2012