Tokyo stocks down on profit-takingOctober 31st, 2008 - 11:29 am ICT by IANS
Tokyo, Oct 31 (DPA) Tokyo stocks lost some of their recent gains Friday as investors tried to lock in profits.The Nikkei 225 Stock Average, which gained nearly 10 percent the previous day, lost 245.64 points, or 2.72 percent, to 8,784.12.
The broader Topix index of all first-section issues was also down 15.49 points, or 1.72 percent, at 883.88.
On currency markets at 9 a.m. (0000 GMT), the dollar was quoted at 98.77-82 yen, up from Thursday’s 5 p.m. quote of 98.74-76 yen.
The euro was quoted at $1.2865-70, down from Thursday’s 5 p.m. quote of $1.3211-12, and at 127.05-10 yen, down from 130.45-49 yen.
- Nikkei falls five percent despite interest-rate cut (Lead) - Oct 31, 2008
- Tokyo stocks up on bargain buys (Lead) - Nov 25, 2009
- Tokyo stocks up after Wall Street's rally - Jun 01, 2009
- Tokyo stocks mixed in morning trading - Nov 25, 2009
- Nikkei soars more than three percent - Nov 04, 2008
- Nikkei stocks up more than five percent - Nov 10, 2008
- Japan stocks slump over US car industry concerns - Dec 12, 2008
- Tokyo stocks up on US car rescue plan - Dec 22, 2008
- Tokyo stocks down on worries about domestic finances, strong yen - Nov 24, 2009
- Tokyo stocks gain on hopes for US rebound - Dec 08, 2008
- Tokyo market extends gains on weaker yen - Feb 26, 2009
- Nikkei hits four-month low on Wall Street fall - Mar 06, 2009
- Tokyo stocks end morning lower - Jan 22, 2009
- Tokyo stocks gain despite economy slump (Lead) - Dec 09, 2008
- Tokyo stocks fall six percent on economic worries (Lead) - Nov 06, 2008