Togo football team arrives in Kenya without AdebayorFebruary 27th, 2012 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
Nairobi, Feb 27 (IANS) The Sparrow Hawks of Togo arrived in Nairobi minus their star player Emmanuel Adebayor for their 2013 Africa Nations Cup qualifier against Harambee Stars Wednesday.
The Togolese side under their coach Didier Dix has 20 players in his squad, along with Tottenham Hotspurs forward Adebayor.
The Sparrow Hawks, who appeared in the 2006 World Cup, boast only one Togo based player in striker Arimiyaou Jondo, with majority of their side playing in Europe and South Africa.
Nyayo National Stadium will host the first leg of the knock-out match Wednesday with Football Kenya Federation saying 25,500 tickets have been printed for the crucial match.
The return leg of the encounter is set for June in Lome, Togo.
- Adebayor to miss Togo's World Cup qualifier - Jun 09, 2012
- Kenya's football body agrees to pay player's dues - Mar 14, 2012
- Distraught Adebayor attends funeral of pals - Jan 16, 2010
- Terry's last-gasp block helps Chelsea to draw with Spurs - Dec 23, 2011
- Adebayor, Terry call for goal-line technology - Apr 16, 2012
- Africa Cup of Nations starts as confusion continues - Jan 11, 2010
- Confusion continues over Togo's participation - Jan 10, 2010
- Ship with 24 Russians seized off Togo - Aug 30, 2012
- Togo seeks Indian investment in infrastructure, industry - Apr 14, 2011
- Adebayor up for Premier League challenge - Aug 22, 2010
- Adebayor in no hurry to return to England - Jan 14, 2010
- Kenyan sports minister barred from parliament - May 03, 2012
- 'Terrified' Togo players do not want to stay for Africa Cup: Adebayor - Jan 09, 2010
- 'We have done everything to show red card to racism': Adebayor - Apr 07, 2011
- Stoke City stun Tottenham in EPL, Sunderland stage dramatic win - Dec 12, 2011
Tags: africa nations cup, africa nations cup qualifier, didier, emmanuel adebayor, encounter, football team, harambee stars, hawks, hotspurs, kenya, knock out, lome togo, match, nairobi, return leg, south africa, sparrow hawks, star player, togolese side, world cup