Todi, accused in Rizwanur death, in hospitalDecember 27th, 2008 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Dec 27 (IANS) Ashok Todi, the prime accused in the case related to his son-in-law Rizwanur Rehman’s mysterious death, was admitted to a city hospital Saturday with a backache he has been suffering for a week.According to sources in the S.S.K.M. hospital, Todi was admitted to the Woodburn ward. He earlier underwent several cardiac and orthopaedic tests at the hospital.
“Todi was also taken to the hospital last week with the same problem but then he was refused admission because beds were not availabile,” a hospital source said, adding that he was also advised to take traction to get relief from his back pain.
Todi was admitted to the jail hospital after he was remanded to judicial custody by a city court Dec 1, following his surrender on a Supreme Court directive.
Todi has been accused of abetting Rehman’s suicide.
Rehman, a 30-year-old graphic designer working with a multimedia firm, was found dead Sep 21 last year near the railway tracks at Kolkata’s Patipukur suburb, barely a month after marrying Todi’s daughter Priyanka.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has filed a charge sheet against industrialist Todi along with six others for alleged abetment of the suicide.
Earlier, a metropolitan magistrate court in Kolkata had asked Todi and other accused to appear before it Oct 27. But he failed to abide by the order and a non-bailable warrant was issued against him.
Later, Todi moved to the Supreme Court challenging the order of the Kolkata court Nov 7.
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Kolkata court directs framing of suicide charges against Todi - Apr 21, 2011
- Rizwanur Rehman death: Apex court questions Bengal, Todi - Oct 18, 2010
- Put Ashok Todi to trial in Rizwanur case: Supreme Court (Second Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- Rizwanur death: Apex court restrains fresh CBI probe - Sep 10, 2010
- Punish Kolkata cops, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court (Lead) - Feb 22, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court to frame charges against Todi - Mar 21, 2011
- Kolkata cops guilty, Rizwanur's mother tells apex court - Feb 22, 2011
- Supreme Court rejects reinvestigation in Rizwanur murder case - Mar 01, 2011
- CBI moves apex court against fresh probe into Rizwanur death (Lead) - Sep 01, 2010
- CBI moves apex court against fresh probe into Rizwanur death - Sep 01, 2010
- Try Todi for Rizwanur's death, says Supreme Court (Third Lead) - Mar 02, 2011
- Rizwanur Rahman case: Supreme Court gives reprieve to businessman Todi - Sep 10, 2010
- Court asks CBI to conduct fresh probe into Rizwanur death - May 18, 2010
- Rizwan case: Calcutta HC directs CBI to initiate fresh probe - May 18, 2010